Officials have discovered the cause of the fire that occurred early Tuesday morning in a three-story townhouse, located on Baynton Street, in Germantown.
Executive Chief Richard Davidson has confirmed that the house fire prompted a woman to jump from the third-story window of her 45-foot home was started by a portable electric heater.
The Philadelphia Department of Licenses and Inspections responded to the scene to help the firefighters of Engine 19, Ladder 8, determine if and when the house would be safe to resume living in and to ensure the home was up to code in terms of safety standards.
Davidson could not disclose a status update on the woman who was hospitalized after jumping from her window to escape the fire, but he had no report of any fire damage that may have affected the connecting houses. Additionally, Davidson said he has no knowledge of any recent fires in the surrounding area.